Three-dimensional collagen matrix for cartilage regeneration after microfracturing
Novocart® Basic is a biphasic, three-dimensional collagen-based matrix to support the biological reconstruction of localized and full-thickness cartilage damages.
Microfracturing stimulates the bone marrow, and mesenchymal stem cells with high regeneration potential can be promoted. The Novocart® Basic matrix membrane covers the defect. With the help of this procedure, the healing potential of one's own body is exploited by activating the regeneration capacity of mesenchymal stem cells
Extraordinary matrix properties
The matrix consists of a collagen membrane cover and a collagen sponge lying underneath. The sponge was developed especially for human cartilage regeneration and has interconnecting pores that enable a three-dimensional cell distribution. The raw materials for production of the support materials are biomaterials of bovine origin.
Novocart® Basic is used for surgical treatment of smaller localized cartilage damage in the knee joint.
This single-step procedure is called matrix associated chondrogenesis (MAC).
- Biphasic matrix consists of a sponge with columnar structure and interconnected pores, and a firmly connected tear-proof membrane as a covering.
- Biocompatible material of bovine origin
- High tensile strength enables reliable fixation by means of suture material.
- Patient friendly, minimally-invasive one-step surgical procedure
More information on the product, matrix-associated chondrogenesis, indications, biomaterial, surgical technique, postoperative care, references, supplies and instruments are found in our brochure.
- Chondral and osteochondral lesions of grade III°-IV° (ICRS Classification) – for smaller defects
- Focal, traumatic defects
- Osteochondrosis dissecans